Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scam and Fraud Alerts

http://www.hernandoliving.com/scamalerts.shtml#credcard


We are putting this page up at the request of Ken S. of Spring Hill. He felt that this would be a good way to worn the visitors of HernandoLiving.com of some of the scams out there. If you have any more you think people need to be aware of, please email us at support@hernandoliving.com.
Read Related article to Phone Scams: Scam terrifies father
Article From HernandoToday.com
   
Local Scams
Money for your Efforts
Phone Scam
Paving Scam
Common Fraud Scams
Telemarketing Fraud
Nigerian Letter or 419 Fraud
Impersonation/Identity Fraud
Advance Fee Scheme
Health Insurance
Investment Related Scams
Letter of Credit Fraud
Prime Bank Note
Ponzi Scheme
Pyramid Scheme
Internet Scams
Internet Auction Fraud
Non-Delivery of Merchandise
Credit Card Fraud
Investment Fraud
Business Fraud
Nigerian Letter Scam
Fraud Target: Senior Citizens (Read Warning)
Health Insurance Fraud
Counterfeit Prescription Drugs
Funeral and Cemetery Fraud
Fraudulent "Anti-Aging" Products
Telemarketing Fraud
Internet Fraud
Investment Schemes+
     This one occurred after Ken placed a classified ad.  If you wire the money, they will never send the shipper, and  you will be out the $2,400. Never give anyone extra money in return. Ken emailed this person back and forth to get as much information as possible. This was the first reply:
Email 1
   Greetings,
Thanks for the mail and I'm still interested in buy it. Now I'm going to contact my business associate to issue the check of $2850 in your name and which you are going to send the excess funds to my shipper via western union, who is coming over to your location for the pick-up, he's handles my shipping stuff.


I will be giving $70 for your (efforts and western union fees) I will be very grateful if really you can do everything the same day you receive the check for a prompt transaction and as you know that I am really eager to see it....I'll need your information for the check to make out to your name soonest. as well

NAME................
ADDRESS.............
ZIP CODE............
CITY................
STATE...............
COUNTRY.............
PHONE NUMBER........
(HOME,OFFICE,CELL)..
Pls mail me today. I know I can trust you, Best Regard .

Email 2
Hi Ken S,

Thanks for the mail and the information you gave to me. Now i want you to understand that that $70 am giving you is for your own effort is not for western union fees. So now that you have confirmed that western union fees is going to be $139.00 I will instruct my associates to make the check $3000 so that you can deduct $139.00 out of the $3000 and get the balance wired to my shipper that same day.

Moreover my shipper will come over to your location with the CARTONS that is not a problem. Now what I will need from you now is that I want you to get the balance (funds) ready before the arrival of my shipper so that there won't be any delay with the shipment that same day. So I will be very glad if you can get this balance ready before the arrival of the check because I am really eager in seeing it.

Thanks and mail me back ASAP if you can get it ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment